Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bad-minton

RIP Badminton Court, Jan 2009 - Jan 2009

I woke up to loud voices in the courtyard. Richhpal takes two glasses of beet and carrot juice and prefers to drink them in the warmth of the morning sun while speaking in a loud tone that bounces off the courtyard walls and into my ears. A lovely way to wake up, I thought. He invited me to sit and drink some tea with him. I then spent the afternoon watching TV while Cub went out for what he said would be 30 minutes. 6 hours later Cub shows up and tells me he went gun shopping with Jaspal. I later find out that Jaspal bought an American rifle from 1917 costing 2 Lackh Rupees ($4,000 USD). Cub tells me that a good watchdog is a few hundred dollars. Seems like a better choice to me.

Later in the evening we go to Remy’s house to play badminton. I came along not to play, but to leave the farm. I had been to this home before and enjoyed that there was a room away from the court with comfy beds and a widescreen TV and two boys that would cook me whatever I wanted (or so I was told). Not any different from being at Cub’s house, but this way I could spend time with Cub, without actually spending time with Cub. When we reached the farm, my plan of eating French fries in a warm bed while watching an American movie, were shattered when we found Remy sick. Instead, we watched croquet – Sri Lanka vs. India – and I reached an all time low of boredom. Watching a sport I have no interest in, in a language I do not know. We were then served dinner and desert. I suppose 2 bowls of scevie – a dish sweet milk dish of noodles – makes up for the last few days. I meticulously took note of the events of the day and decided to later to use them in verbal battle case I decided to get upset with Cub.

No comments:

Post a Comment