Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Holidays

It’s Christmas night and we are spending it in the nicest hotel in Mahendranagar, a small Nepali city near the Indian border. We arrived in town early afternoon yesterday and had planned to cross the border, hop a night bus to Delhi, and be at an Indian wedding with friends in Punjab on the 26th. A bit of a rush, but definitely doable – that is until I rushed to get to Indian immigration thereby forgetting to zipper up my back pocket, and lost my passport in the matter of minutes somewhere in the 400 meters between India and Nepal. This morning consisted of several hours going in between Nepali and Indian immigration. Not the way I would want to spend the holidays, or worse, make others spend it this way, but our spirits are high. Bonnie and I leave for Kathmandu in two days so that I can get a new passport. We get to see the entire route we biked via high-speed bus. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment